Having a flu vaccination each year is the best way of protecting yourself, your family and wider comunity against flu. People who are at highest risk are eligible for free vaccines.
- people 50 and over (including those who'll be 50 by 31 March 2021)
- pregnant women
- children aged 2 and 3
- pupils in reception class and school years 1 to 7*
- people with long-term health conditions (including asthma, COPD and cardiovascular issues)
- front-line health and social care staff
- people who live with someone who was on the NHS shielded list
Protect yourself and prevent flu spreading. To get your vaccine or find out if you are eligible for a free vaccination, contact your GP, pharmacist, midwife, employer, school immunisation team.
Find out more information about the flu vaccination programme.