Key documents for service delivery
- EHC service specification 2019
- Ulipristal Acetate PGD V7 - July 2021
- Levonorgesterol PGD V7 - July 2021
EHC reporting to Public Health Dorset
Providers using PharmOutcomes or Outcomes4Health should use the relevant smoking cessation templates within these systems as outlined in the service specification.
EHC training requirements
There is no requirement for providers to attend face to face training to deliver this service.
The information below is a summary of the main training requirements to deliver this service. For more detailed information please see the EHC service specification.
From a training perspective, all clinical staff providing treatment under the current pharmacy PGD must:
Complete the Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE) e-learning course and the CPPE Safeguarding Children and Emergency Contraception or equivalent online assessment (at least every 3 years).
Complete the CPPE e-learning course and the CPPE Safeguarding Children and Emergency Contraception or equivalent online and any additional local training to address changes to national guidance (opportunities will be advertised on this page). Staff delivering using prescriptions must comply with the appropriate requirements of their regulatory body, for example General Medical Council.Be able to demonstrate competency in line with the NICE Good Practice Guidance: Patient group directions: competency framework for health professionals using patient group directions.
July 2018 EHC pharmacy PGD training resources
- Pharmacy EHC PGD training presentation July 2018
- EHC PGD training case studies with answers
- Safeguarding updates July 2018
- EHC PGD training agenda July 2018
- Latest Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health (FSRH) guidelines for EHC
- Sexual Health Dorset EHC pathway September 2017
- Useful resources for EHC providers
EHC training videos
Dr Alison Vaughan presents the key changes to the PGDs from July 2018.
Pharmacists who were unable to attend the face to face training should ensure they view all 3 videos: