- NHS Health Checks service specification 2022
- NHS Health Checks national guidance website
- Providers are expected to be alert to Best Practice updates and other notifications via the NHS Health Check e-bulletin.
- providers using SystmOne (including via the Ardens templates) are required to submit activity data using the Public Health Dorset SystmOne template (found on SystmOne, this is not provided by Public Health Dorset)
- providers can click on this link (which will open a Microsoft Word document) to view guidance for running SystmOne searches
- providers using EMIS are required to download and complete the NHS Health Checks Excel quarterly reporting template 2020-21
- providers using PharmOutcomes or Outcomes4Health should use the NHS Health Checks templates within these systems as outlined in the service specification
NHS Health Checks training requirements
There is no requirement for providers to attend face to face training to deliver this service.
The information below is a summary of the main training requirements. For more detailed information please see the NHS Health Checks service specification.
- the provider shall ensure that all practitioners who conduct NHS Health Checks are fully trained to deliver the programme as per the NHS Health Check Competence Framework (March 2015) and NHS Health Check Competence Framework (June 2015). See NHS Health Checks training and development tools website
- Point of Care Testing machine familiarisation should be provided by the machine manufacturer
- the provider shall ensure that all practitioners who conduct NHS Health Checks are fully skilled to provide the behaviour change advice and guidance as per NICE guidance PH6, Healthy Living Pharmacy (HLP) Level 1 or PSPH Award level 2 demonstrate this skill requirement
NHS Health Checks frequently asked questions (FAQs)
The Public Health Dorset Frequently Asked Questions “FAQs” have been updated (May 2022) to reflect current requirements for service delivery during 2022-23 and drawing on recent queries from providers. This document will continue to be updated to incorporate any further queries with our response to assist providers in delivery of this service.
The date of the latest version, along with the version number, will be indicated within the link below and the FAQs document itself.
NHS Health Checks FAQs v1 - 18th May 2022
Public Health Dorset resources
- Find your nearest NHS Health Check provider
- NHS Health Checks - checklist for providers
- Public Health Dorset NHS Health Checks poster