- NHS Health Check service specification - April 2023 - March 2024
- NHS Health Check service level agreement invitations 2023/24
- NHS Health Check GP invite letter 2023/24
- NHS Health Checks national guidance website
- Providers are expected to be alert to Best Practice updates and other notifications via the NHS Health Check e-bulletin.
What training is needed?
There is no requirement for providers to attend face to face training to deliver this service.
The information below is a summary of the main training requirements. For more detailed information please see the NHS Health Checks service specification.
- the provider shall ensure that all practitioners who conduct NHS Health Checks are fully trained to deliver the programme as per the NHS Health Check Competence Framework (March 2015) and NHS Health Check Competence Framework (June 2015). See NHS Health Checks training and development tools website
- Point of Care Testing machine familiarisation should be provided by the machine manufacturer
- the provider shall ensure that all practitioners who conduct NHS Health Checks are fully skilled to provide the behaviour change advice and guidance as per NICE guidance PH6, Healthy Living Pharmacy (HLP) Level 1 or PSPH Award level 2 demonstrate this skill requirement
How do providers submit claims?
- providers using SystmOne (including via the Ardens templates) are required to submit activity data using the Public Health Dorset SystmOne template (found on SystmOne, this is not provided by Public Health Dorset). Find out how to do this in the step-by-step guide.
- Providers using EMIS are required to download and complete the NHS Health Checks Excel quarterly reporting template 2020-21
- providers using PharmOutcomes or Outcomes4Health should use the NHS Health Checks templates within these systems as outlined in the service specification
NHS Health Checks frequently asked questions
The Public Health Dorset NHS Health Checks Frequently Asked Questions have been updated to reflect current requirements for service delivery during 2023-24 and drawing on recent queries from providers. This document will continue to be updated to incorporate any further queries with our response to assist providers in delivery of this service.