Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
The Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) is a statutory requirement in accordance with the NHS (Pharmaceutical Services and Local Pharmaceutical Services) (Amendment) Regulations 2013.
It is a statement of the needs of the population of Bournemouth, Dorset, Christchurch and Poole in relation to pharmaceutical services. The PNA is a key tool for NHS England in identifying commissioning intentions for pharmaceutical services and supporting regulatory functions in relation to the provision of high-quality pharmaceutical services for the population.
- Describes the current services available across the county
- Looks at the need for pharmaceutical services in the area
- Makes recommendations for the future provision of pharmaceutical services
The Dorset Health and Wellbeing Board and the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Health and Wellbeing Board hold the statutory responsibility for the PNA. Following public consultation between November 2017 and January 2018, they have approved one PNA for the whole of Dorset, which is available below. In the PNA the Boards also encourage close working relationships between local commissioners and community pharmacies, who play a key part in local communities, as other services develop locally.
Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) — April 2018
- Appendix A The scope of the PNA
- Appendix B Locally commissioned services
- Appendix C PNA Process
- Appendix D PNA Maps
- Appendix E Pharmaceutical Services by Locality
- Appendix E Annexe Opening times Weekdays
- Appendix E Annexe Opening times Saturdays
- Appendix E Annexe Opening times Sundays
- PNA Supplementary Statement Appendix 18 10 09
PNA Locality Profiles Table
This form is to report content that is wrong, or any issues or feedback you have about the web page.
Contact us if you want to get in touch about a council service instead.
All fields are required.
Leave your email address so that we can provide a response.
This helps us direct your feedback to the appropriate council.
An error has occurred. Please check the form details and try again.