Key documents for service delivery
Smoking cessation training requirements
There is no requirement for providers to attend face to face training to deliver this service.
The information below is a summary of the main training requirements. For more detailed information please see the smoking cessation service specification.
- all staff providing the smoking cessation service must have successfully completed the online National Centre for Smoking Cessation Training’s (NCSCT) Practitioner Training and Assessment Programme
- upon completion of the training, staff will be certified Stop Smoking Practitioners
- staff may choose to complete additional NCSCT modules to support delivery of this service, including:
Complete the online NHS Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training (NCSCT) training and assessment.
How to order smoking cessation equipment
CO monitoring machines and mouth pieces can be ordered from these companies:
MD Diagnostics Ltd:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 01622 682686
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 01622 851122
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 0800 028 2194 or 01732 522 444
How to submit a claim
- Providers using SystmOne and EMIS are required to download, complete and submit the Smoking Cessation Excel Reporting Template 2022/23.
- Providers using PharmOutcomes or Outcomes4Health should use the relevant smoking cessation templates within these systems as outlined in the service specification
- NCSCT - remote consultations best practice guidance webinar - 26th May 2020
- NCSCT - remove consultations - delivering behavioural support and supply of NRT - May 2020
- Instructional video to share with clients - how to use e-cigarettes
- 12 week Smoking Status form
- Fraser Competencies Guidance and Form – Smoking Cessation
- ASH – Action on Health and Smoking
- British Medical Association – E-cigarettes guidance for GPs
- NCSCT - electronic cigarettes: a briefing for stop smoking services
- Public Health England – E-cigarettes and vaping: policy, regulation and guidance